Anxiety DisordersInfo Center
At the Medicap Pharmacy® stores, we are dedicated to providing products and services to care for your family’s wellness. One of those services is health news you can trust. Use the filters to focus on the information that is important to you, then bookmark this page to make it a regular stop anytime you’re online.
PTSD May Raise Risk of Premature Birth
Premature birth can lead to serious health consequences for newborns. And new research shows that the mother's mental health status may raise the risk of early delivery.
Child Mental Health Disorder Rates May Not Be Rising
Recent claims about children's mental health in the media have had a tendency to be somewhat negative. But a new Canadian study suggests some of those claims may be inaccurate.
Women May Be More Prone to Post-Heart Attack Depression
A heart attack can be a stressful event, even to the point that it can affect mental health. This may be especially true for women, say the authors of a new study.
Mini-Stroke May Lead to PTSD
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a mental health condition often associated with war survivors. People who have had mini-strokes, however, may also live with PTSD.
Talk Therapy May Best Treat Social Anxiety Disorder
Antidepressants may be the go-to treatment for social anxiety disorder, but one type of talk therapy may be more effective and have longer-lasting effects.
Food Addiction May Be Tied to PTSD
Many patients with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) have difficulty coping with the anxiety and stress they may feel. This could lead some to turn to overeating to ease their pain.
Anxiety Treatment May Lead to Alzheimer's Later
Anti-anxiety medicines can be helpful treatments for the short term. But new research found that they may also be risky.
Perfect Parenting Pressures Could Affect Mental Health
Becoming a parent for the first time can be hard for some people. But some new parents may risk developing a mental disorder when they also face social pressures to be perfect parents.
Light Gaming Linked to Social Adjustment
In the past, video games have been associated with antisocial behavior. But a light amount of gaming may not damage kids' social adjustment.
Painful Childhoods May Prompt Some to Enlist
For kids who grow up in hostile homes, adverse experiences are common. And for some people, joining the armed forces may be an attempt to leave a negative home life behind.
- Lexapro (6) Apply Lexapro filter
- Prozac (6) Apply Prozac filter
- Celexa (5) Apply Celexa filter
- Paxil (4) Apply Paxil filter
- Zoloft (3) Apply Zoloft filter
- Fluoxetine (2) Apply Fluoxetine filter
- Klonopin (2) Apply Klonopin filter
- Wellbutrin XL (2) Apply Wellbutrin XL filter
- Abilify (1) Apply Abilify filter
- Actos (1) Apply Actos filter
- Ambien (1) Apply Ambien filter
- Cimzia (1) Apply Cimzia filter
- Citalopram (1) Apply Citalopram filter
- Cymbalta (1) Apply Cymbalta filter
- Effexor (1) Apply Effexor filter
- Enbrel (1) Apply Enbrel filter
- Escitalopram (1) Apply Escitalopram filter
- Humira (1) Apply Humira filter
- Lunesta (1) Apply Lunesta filter
- OxyContin (1) Apply OxyContin filter
- Paroxetine (1) Apply Paroxetine filter
- Remeron (1) Apply Remeron filter
- Remicade (1) Apply Remicade filter
- Risperdal Consta (1) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Seroquel (1) Apply Seroquel filter
- Sertraline (1) Apply Sertraline filter
- Simponi (1) Apply Simponi filter
- Valium (1) Apply Valium filter
- Venlafaxine (1) Apply Venlafaxine filter
- Wellbutrin (1) Apply Wellbutrin filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter